Saturday, September 26, 2020

PCT part 4 halfway point at 1325 (day 70) to CA/OR border (1712 day 86)

At this point in time I have left the snow behind. The terrain is a little flatter. I can make more miles per day now. I am hiking in more forest. Sometimes these forest are burned out zones from fires. Us PCT hikers are pretty spread out now. I will be seeing and spending more time with PI. Our daily mileages match so we camp together every so often. 

Sulfur hot springs. It is not safe to go into these pools. 

Very nice boardwalk for the trail. I loved walking through the green spaces. 

This was not my favorite place to walk. The sun can be intense, the trail is sandy and dusty and there is usually blowdowns to get over.

Wide open land with views forever. 

This plant is beautiful, but it is full of thorns. 

Bernabe falls. It do not look like it from this point, but these are pretty tall. 


The trail goes over the top of this dam. 




Nice creek. There are lots of places like this. 

Blue, Caveman and Smokey, PCT hikers I crossed paths with for a day. 

PI tent and mine. 

More trail with wide open views. 





There are lots of flowers everywhere. I liked this one. 





Butterfly on flower. I saw butterflies on most of the trip. They were to fast for me to get photos of them most of the time. 

My favorite flower, Indian paintbrush. 

Nice to see this. 

The XX means the state of Jefferson. They have a different philosophy on government views in this part of the US. 

Sunrise. 

I beautiful flower. 

PI and I at the CA/OR border. 


No comments:

Post a Comment