Thursday, October 1, 2020

PCT part 5 Oregon (1712 day 86) to (2147 day 104)

Oregon, according to the roomer Oregon is flat. Well compared to the other parts of the trail it is flatter. It is not flat.  It does have lots of trees. Some of those trees are burned for many miles. I walked over or around 100+ of them on one day. There are lots of people starting in the Sisters area. By this time on the trail I will be sharing camp sites most nights with others. I will see 3 dozen+ people each day. This may not sound like much. When you cross paths with 2 people all day and camp alone or with your PCT people, this is a mob seen. There will be lots of lakes I walk by. This is the home to many mosquitoes. Mosquito repellent is very nice to have. This and my head net are my new best friends. 

Along the trail I go. 

More Oregon views. 

I liked this for many reasons. This guy is the son of a 78yo guy who is section hiking the PCT in Oregon. They use a donkey to haul the supplies. I though this is great, they are finding ways to get out there and gat it done. This also shows the area I am in now. There is lots of lava rock. This part of the trail was outstanding. Other parts of the trail were like walking on baseballs size lava rocks. This is no fun. 

Water for us hikers. This was a dry section. 

Nice little stream. 

Good morning world. 

Morning views from camp. 

More Oregon. 

My home for the night. 

Burn zones, yuck. 

Moring views. 

More lava, what fun. 

Mile stone. 

Nice views. 

More nice views. 

I scored here. This guy was set up for us hikers. He gave me and a half dozen others dinner and breakfast. He wanted no money. What a treat this was.  

Timberline lodge and Mt Hood. 

Good morning world. 

I like the morning light. I am asleep for the evening light. 

Washington, the home stretch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment