Thursday, September 24, 2020

PCT part 3 Kennedy Meadows North (1030.8/day 55) to the halfway point at 1325 (day 70)

I left Kennedy Meadows North with Lugnut. Once we got on trail we meet up with four other pct hikers to camp that evening. Lugnut and I would yoyo back and forth for a few days doing our own pace. My pack is much liter now that I sent the bear can back. The terrain is changing also. There is still snow, but a lot less of it. 

Changing terrain, note trail on right center of photo.  

This was easier travel. 

I liked the geology in the mountain. This was taken during a thunderstorm. 

Morning light.

Lots of little lakes like this. 



More nice walking. 

My normal. 

Beauty around every corner. 

Walking a ridge out to a great lunch. 

Lugnut, Dos Equis and I at Donner pass ski area for a great lunch. The three of us split a pie for desert. 

Lodging for the night. I stayed in three cabin along the trail. 

More nice trail and blue skies. 

Lodging for the night. 

Lugnut and Dos Equis in the trailer. 

The views never end. 

Moring light. 

This bridge was amazing for being in the middle of no where. 

Some trap shooters we meet that gave us beer and water. Two of the gang I was with tried there hand at shooting the clay targets.  

Down the trail I go. 

This group give me water. 

More easy walking. 

Big moment on the trail, I am half way to Canada!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment